Veterans Day Things To Do
Things to do for Veterans Day in Myrtle Beach
The Myrtle Beach area will be recognizing the brave souls that worked (and continue to work) tirelessly to protect our freedom. We’ve listed several events along the Grand Strand as well as restaurants offering special deals to Veterans right here!
Restaurant Deals and Discounts for Veterans Day
- Bonefish Grill is offering FREE Bang Bang Shrimp and Gift cards.
- Buffalo Wild Wings is offering a free order of 10 boneless wings and fries on November 11.
- Local National Parks are offering FREE admission for veterans.
- Great Clips is offering FREE hair cuts for Veterans and Active Military on November 11th from 9 AM - 7 PM.
- Chili’s will offer a select menu for a free meal for all active and retired military in-store on November 11.
- Applebee’s is offering military Veterans and current military personnel a free meal from a select menu on Veterans Day. Proof of service is required.
Veteran's Day Ceremonies
- World War II monument dedication - Noon Thursday, Warbird Park 150 Farrow Parkway. If you are a World War II veteran or plan to accompany a World War 11 veteran to the ceremony, please contact Meredith Denari at [email protected] or 843-918-1054 to make special arrangements
- Annual Veterans Day ceremony — 11:00 a.m. Saturday, Myrtle Beach Convention Center, 2101 North Oak Street
- Veterans Day service — 11 a.m. Saturday, North Myrtle Beach Memorial Gardens, 65 Highway 90, Little River. There will be entertainment and refreshments starting at 10:30 a.m. In the event of bad weather, the ceremony will be at Carolina Bays Church, 4360 Big Barn Drive, Little River. The guest speaker will be Ret. U.S. Army Col. Nick LaSala. Other guests will be Little River Elks Lodge #2840, Marine Corp. League, Little River Detachment # 1432, Horry County Fire and Rescue, the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, the Nurses Honor Guard of South Carolina and Walmart. Lunch will be provided for veterans and their families after the service at the Little River Elks Lodge #2840, Highway 57, Little River.
- 3rd annual Welcome Home Golf Tournament — 9 a.m. Saturday, Long Bay Golf Club, 350 Foxtail Drive, Little River. The event is sponsored by the Veterans Welcome Home Resource Center. All veterans will play for free, and all proceeds go toward ending veteran homelessness.
- Surfside Beach has a Veterans Day ceremony — 3 p.m. Saturday, Memorial Park, next to the library on Surfside Drive. The service will honor all veterans. Memorial Wall plaques are available to purchase online.